Dissolve

Dissolve

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Music to Read By -- Sea Ghost by The Unicorns

This is the first of a group of songs that should be listened to while reading my collection, "The Art of Dissolving."  First off is "Sea Ghost" by The Unicorns.  The band is now defunct, but it was really great when it was around.  The played the Black Cat in 2004, where I heard Arcade Fire open for them (never saw a merchandise table be cleaned out that quickly before).  At first I didn't like their album, "Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?" it was just too ridiculous.  But it grew on me with time, and now I consider it one of my favorites.   What I like about "Sea Ghost" is:  the recorder played at the start,  the up and down nature of the music (soft, loud, etc), and the odd lyrics.  I think its style matches some of what I've tried to do with my chapbook.  I told a friend who thought this band was terrible that, yes, they played a lot of "wrong notes," but you needed to imagine the notes they didn't play to like them.  So with my poetry.

The Unicorns -- Sea Ghost

Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? 

Buy The Art of Dissolving

No comments:

Post a Comment